Sunday, June 1, 2008

TOLL..Lower Rates Please ;)

Any Malaysian would know that Malaysia has many toll booths(thanks to my favourite Dato..hehe..)..Some of the toll rates here are ridiculous..to know the rates...kindly visit http://www.plus.com.my/tollcalculator.asp . Most of the roads and highways with tolls today were built many many years ago...some even decades ago..Yet , the rates either go down by a wee bit , or they get higher .

Technically , a toll is a system where the money collected is used to pay for the compensation payment to companies for building highways or to pay companies that maintains highways (in Malaysia's case , the company is PLUS ) . As the years pass , the rates of should decrease and the toll booths be removed due to the settled payments to companies for building the tolls . As for maintainence , a certain sum of the money collected should be put aside and allocated for the maintainance work . However , that is not the case here.

Here , tolls are everywhere demanding for $$$ . For example , the toll on the Seremban Highway before entering Cheras has been there for over 10 years , maybe 20 . Yet it stands till today demanding higher rates..After all these years , haven't enough money been collected for the construction and maintaince payments of the highway ? Tolls make billions of ringgit per year you know . On top of that we have road tax which is not cheap depending on the vehicle you drive.

Now lets take an example of a person who uses the toll daily..

Imagine a person who is using Kesas Highway from Klang To K.L.(To & From)(That means - using a full package on this Highway).Past Toll Rate = RM1.50 per toll x 6 tolls = RM9.00 per day .Present Toll Rate = RM2.20 per toll x 6 tolls = RM13.20 per dayDifferent = RM0.70 per tollFor 1 day = RM0.70 x 6 tolls (To & From)= RM4.20 a day . Normal Working Days for Normal Person = 240days a year . For One Year = 240days x RM4.20= RM1,008.00 (Different - Old & Present)As such, present Toll Rate = RM13.20/day x 240 days= RM3,168 per yearBut Some Guyz Work for 365 days a year . For One Year = 365days x RM4.20= RM1,533.00 (Different - Old & Present)Full Toll Rate Calculation = RM13.20/day x 365 days= RM4,818 per year . For others toll ; you can calculate on your own... using the same method . If Average Malaysian Salary is RM2000.00 a month , (For easy calculation purpose) , that's means he/she will be spending his/her 2 months salary a year just to pay on the toll.

Clearly this is a big burden for the average Malaysian . Lets not forget of the price hike in fuel and food . Survival is no longer as easy as it use to be . Therefore , to lower the financial burden of the people , the unnecessary high toll rates should either be lowered or removed completely . Certain information cited from http://malaysia-information.blogspot.com/2007/02/road-tax-reduce-toll-rise-in-malaysia.html

7 comments:

AmUyO ToMoKo said...

It's great to see you posting on the toll problems... This one memang must voice up... It's really terrible...

Anyway, it seems that price of rice and petrol is going up. Sigh... See lar, maybe by the time you will post on that topic... hehehe....

Satish said...

Always naik...never turun...haiz...samy samy...wat 2 do wit him la..i aso donno.

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , probably curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper partner who uses your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://zexamejuc.kogaryu.com/ujofygyf.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
might , probably curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper companion utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://anyfiqac.kogaryu.com/zahewi.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I started take up real money.
It gets down to choose a proper partner who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, and shares the profit with me.

You can ask, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theblogmoney.com

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may commense to get income with a money that usually goes
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per day now.

[url=http://theinvestblog.com] Online investment blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hi everybody!

Let me introduce myself,
my name is Peter.
Generally I’m a venturesome analyst. recently I take a great interest in online-casino and poker.
Not long time ago I started my own blog, where I describe my virtual adventures.
Probably, it will be interesting for you to read my notes.
Please visit my web page . http://allbestcasino.com I’ll be glad would you find time to leave your comments.