I’m sick of them telling the Malays that the non-Malays are threatening the Malays & on the other side they’re telling the non-Malays that they are all cared for by BN. This is pure hypocrisy. In Malay, this is called batu api (causing fights between parties).
Malays, non-Malays, Muslims, non-Muslims, Bumiputera, non-Bumiputera, who cares !! How does it matter ?! Who created all this ? We are all Malaysians. If these labels are continued to be highlighted on us, we will never prosper & progress. At least, the rate of progression will be much slower than it can actually be.
We have UMNO telling the Malays to unite. We have MCA & GERAKAN asking the Chinese to unite. We also have the great Datuk Samy Vellu of MIC asking Indians to unite….BUT, I’ll tell you what we don’t have. We don’t have UMNO, MCA, & MIC telling all Malaysians to unite...do we ?
Ask yourself, does UMNO have non-Malay members ? Does MCA have non-Chinese members ? Does MIC have non-Indian members ? Even if the answer is yes (which I doubt), it is certainly not the way it is portrayed. Can non-Malays join UMNO ? Can Malays join MCA & MIC ? Can Chinese join MIC & Indians join MCA ? I'm sure it's possible, but what's the point if these three parties are so hard up on only helping their own races & not Malaysians as a whole ??
Now let’s look at PKR, DAP, & PAS. Have you ever heard them telling Malays, Chinese & Indians to unite ? Well, I haven’t. I’ve only heard them telling Malaysians to unite. At least that’s the way it’s portrayed & that's the way it should be.
As for their members, they’re not highly concentrated with a single race like BN & its component parties. PKR has Datuk Anwar Ibrahim, Dr. Lee Boon Chye, & Mr. Sivarasa to name a few. DAP has Lim Kit Siang, Karpal Singh, & Tunku Abdul Aziz to name a few. PAS has non-Malay members too which was potrayed in the media during the General Elections last year. My point is, race-based politics is less concentrated in the Opposition than in BN…& don’t bother denying it because you can never have a perfect ratio of the three main races in any party when the ratio is not even balanced in the Malaysian population.
Now as for BN talking about unity, is just silly to me. How is this possible when certain discriminative policies are still being practiced ? It’s these policies that cause racial tension & even bring down our economy badly, especially in the midst of this global economic crisis. I’m not going to name any of the discriminative policies because if you’ve read up to here, I’m sure you know what I’m talking about.
By the way, besides politicians, who says Malaysians are not united ? Do you see a Malays vs. Chinese vs. Indians battle on the streets ?? Are we physically fighting against each other on roads ?? I don't think so.
When politicians say Malaysians aren't united, I think they mean we're not united under their own particular party. Which is true in BN's case. Looking at candlelight vigils, gatherings, & demonstrations against issues like ISA & the Perak fiasco, Malaysians seem pretty united to me.
The bottom line is, I’m sick & tired of hearing BN talking about unity when they don’t even practice what they preach. My advice, just try to cultivate the spirit of unity within yourself.
2 comments:
BN dividing Malaysians just bcos of their political gain....
for them unity and national agendas are not important... they are going to destroy this peace and harmony nation if people keep on voting for them...
Ya..I agree. BN knows their sinking anyway, so take advantage & try to break up PAS from the opposition hoping the opposition will get weaker.
I wonder how long BN is gonna say 'we're still open for talks..important for unity bla bla bla'....bullshit la.
Post a Comment