Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tun M says quit your job ?!

  Yesterday, Tun Mahathir said Malaysians "will not die if they do not use the US goods. I hope Starbucks and McDonald's employees will stop working there”. He told this to a crowd holding a protest against US for supporting Israel in fighting Palestine. He also said “they will become a bankrupt country and will not be able to produce weapons for Israel”.
  I’m not going to discuss the USA-Palestine-Israel issue. However, although I have much respect for Tun Mahathir, I disagree with his statement. C’mon la Tun, telling people to quit their jobs ?…in times of a global economic crisis ?? That’s not practical la Tun.
  People should be lucky to have jobs now. Besides, it’s already estimated that the economic crisis is only going to get worse & Malaysia will really feel the pinch this year. On December 22 2008, the government announced that 30,000 people had already lost their jobs…& Tun is still asking them to quit ??
  In times of an economic crisis, people need whatever job they have to support themselves & their family. I doubt anybody is going to quit their job in these times just because of a cruel battle going on thousands of miles away. Our well-being comes first. Besides Tun, just because they quit their jobs, USA will definitely not turn bankrupt.
  C’mon la Tun, you should know better. Their filthy rich!! . From September 11 2001 to December 2007, USA had spent USD 1 trillion on the war on terror (bad spending, I know)…and now Obama is planning a USD 850 billion stimulus package plan. That’s a lot of money. A small country like Malaysia boycotting USA will hardly even pinch them.
Imagine if USA boycott us....we're dead !!

10 comments:

Johnny Ong said...

its really crazy for us to boycott. how can one malaysia affect the whole of usa? our national bank reserve can't even match one of the rich states in usa

Anonymous said...

Dear Blogger!

Tun can brag and brag and brag!!! Stur emotions amongst the general public and if I may use the word "instigate" the people of Malaysia because he and his family is "well taken care of" by the Government!!!

Please remember, EMPTY VESSELS MAKE THE MOST NOISE, period!!!

It's high time some one throw a shoe into Tun's mouth!!!

Das

Unknown said...

agree

Anonymous said...

Yes agreed ... shoes. Made in Malaysia!

Anonymous said...

This Fake only looks for sensation without care for consequences.
TAR told us some 30 yrs ago of this man.
Till now I see no change in him.
Is he prepared to use his stolen $$ to support those who quit their jobs?
If not, throw a shoe....a finger..or what u can on him.

Anonymous said...

This Mahathir took us for a ride for 22 years, now he is talking rubbish asking people to quit their jobs. Will he shares his wealth with us?
So guys, don't listen to this man, there must be something else that you can do.

Anonymous said...

Calling ppl to leave their job he should call ppl working at his bakery shop venture wth Japanese he forget Japanese kills our anestor??wat the differance

Satish said...

Satish 2 Johnny Ong :

So true...besides, who gonna quit their jobs now ?? Even if they quit, is Tun M gonna feed them ?...I don't think so.

Satish 2 Das :

I know Tun went a bit too far with his statement la bro, but I feel we should forget it la..He's an old man, 83 years old..probably a bit senile ridy.
As respect for his age, let's not throw shoes at him ok...unity :)

Satish 2 Darj :

Thnx.

Satish 2 Anonymous :

Hahaha..I like da way u said it..small matter la fren..no need to throw shoes at the old man la..he's Dr. M, not Bush.

Satish 2 Anonymous :

Hahaha..throw him a rational & practical arguement..& let him be laughed at alone.

Satish to Anonymous :

Haha..I doubt he'll share his wealth with us.

Satish 2 Anonymous :

Hahaha..I doubt Dr. M or the Japanese will be hiring any of us...coz I doubt anybody is gonna quit also.

Satish 2 Everybody :

If some of you think I am favouring Dr. M abit in my reply comments & don't like it..pls pardon me...I'm just being fair trying to be an ethical blogger, & not get thrown into ISA if you know what I mean.

Goh Wei Liang said...

do you know that the US government itself owes countries and organizations USD 10.5 trillion and the debt balloon is still growing?

A country that owes other countries and organizations USD 10 trillion is a bankrupt country.

US is not a rich country. People fear their military power.

The Government of United States must answer how and when they will pay the USD 10 trillion.

There was once reports that United States are not even paying their bills to United Nations.

Satish said...

Yes I know friend.

Malaysia also has debts.

Even if both countries didn't have debts, their still way richer & more powerful than Malaysia.

So either way, Tun's comment is still stupid.